Deploy with Ansible
note: - supported MOLGENIS version 8.x == playbook version 2.0 - supported MOLGENIS version 7.x == playbook version 1.0 - older versions are not supported (yet)
Update MOLGENIS VM instances with Ansible version 2.7.x or higher.
Execute for roll out:
ansible-playbook -i inventory.ini playbook.yml **optional: [ --extra-vars "experimental=true ci=true run_as_gcc=true molgenis_version=x.x.x" ]**
MOLGENIS cloud deployment
We use Ansible AWX to deploy new MOLGENIS instances. Go to https://ansible.gcc.rug.nl.
- You can login with your GitHub account:
- You can choose a job template which you can run:
- Click on 'Launch'
- Select server and override variables
- View the 'Job preview' and click on 'Launch'
- You can click on the empty block to go to the jobstate
In the jobstate you can debug your deployment.
You can toggle a number of settings. You can use
--extra-vars flag to set them. Currently we support the flags below:
- run_as_gcc | features only used by GCC, can set to true if you are on GCC infrastructure
- molgenis_version | specify specific version of MOLGENIS to deploy
- experimental | experimental features of MOLGENIS, can set to true
- ci | features not performed when ci = true
note: multiple vars can be set space separated. Example:
--extra-vars "experimental=true run_as_gcc=true".
Third party usage
What you need to do after this installation.
- Authorized keys
- Install a web-server
There are some prerequisites to run this playbook.
- You have to have root-privileges on the target machine
- You have to create a key pair for host key signing and put them in the molgenis_ca folder. You also need to add the public key to the known_hosts file